1. Special purpose residence permit
Third-country nationals who are to be employed or reside in Greece, under special legislation, intergovernmental agreements or to serve the public interest, culture, sports and national economy, are allowed to enter the country after obtaining a national visa.
These citizens who are going to be active or employed, in the qualities described below are given a special purpose residence permit, two years or equal to the planned period of stay in the country which is renewed every three years, provided that the interested parties continue to provide their services.
The following third country nationals may be accompanied by their family members
More specifically, these are:
I. Board members, shareholders, managers, legal representatives and senior executives of domestic companies as well as subsidiaries and branches of foreign companies operating in Greece.
The domestic employment company must have at least twenty-five (25) employees.
It is necessary to present a degree and two years of professional experience unless the company employs more than 50 locals
II. Employees under special status
• Employees in companies based on special transnational agreements or suggestions of competent Greek authorities
• Managers, business and technical executives of companies of law 27/1975 (A 77) engaged in marine exploration, drilling and extraction of hydrocarbons.
• Employees and legal representatives employed exclusively in companies that have been subject to the provisions of the legislation (Law 3427/2005), as well as in domestic companies that have undertaken in the context of project execution for promotion and technical support to foreign companies.
• Technicians employed in conditional industries or mines
III. Athletes, Spiritual and Religious ministers
• Athletes and coaches of recognized sports
• Intellectual Creators, Writers, Writers, Directors, Painters, Sculptors, Actors, Musicians, Singers, Choreographers and Set Designers
• Religious ministers performing hierarchical duties
• Foreign correspondents
• Members of a foreign archeological school under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture.
• Teachers of foreign schools operating with the permission of the Ministry of Education and Religions.